Friday, November 19, 2010

CHILDHOOD MEMORIES

I have been thinking about things that have affected me in my life for a sculpture class, and it got me thinking of my most memorable childhood memories. Here they are

  • My bunny died in England
  • Paula gave me a little sketchpad thing
  • Wesley's candy machine - such an entrepreneur at such a young age
  • Wesley's fair's - bowling using our drinking cups as pins, giving out his gymnastics ribbons for prizes. they were the funnest!
  • Vanessa's Bowl Cut
  • Wesley's gymnastics events - I helped as a score holder and a guy gave me a piece of gum. It tasted like black licorice and was disgusting.
  • playing toys - Wesley's version: normal people - had to pay for everything you did. You had to go on a vacation every so often. I didn't want to use money, cant we just play toys without needing to have them pay for stuff?
  • Danny's version: war. I would rather play Wesley's way.
  • I wanted a Big sweatshirt - i think i wore it once since it was too big for me and i gave it to mom.
  • Collecting Snapple tops - they clicked when you pressed down on them. Sometimes i would pretend they were steering wheels for my barbies cars
  • Collecting hotel key cards.
  • I hated helping Wesley and Danny with their paper routes.
  • Sleeping outside with the Willeys - i had a secret crush on Dustin Willey
  • Aliesha told Vanessa she could only play with kids her age (me) --burn vanessa
  • Me and Dustin were like way good friends until one special day - we were watching his dog and white sox mate and he asked me out. I felt bad saying no so i said yes. We didnt talk the rest of that summer. Then I became great friends with Aliesha
  • major labels lie
  • Wesley was obsessed with the Hanson brothers Mmmm Bop
  • Vanessa's bowl cut
  • Wesley's butt crack hair cut (hey, at least grandpa liked it)
  • My platform shoes Kylie gave me from England.
  • Wesley took me shopping to the mall. We took the bus to the orem mall. I think i got my first pair of high heeled shoes. (wow wes, fashionable and entrepreneur-like)
  • My favorite thing to do: bug danny's friends
  • body machine boy and Wesley were like best friends
  • Kayla Boyd
  • Going to the Zoo with Kayla Boyd, her family, and nessy
  • I would make houses for my stuffed animals using shoe boxes
  • grandma would take us to the dollar store to buy toys whenever we visited
  • Me, sage, and a boy were jumping on the tramp. the boy took off his shirt, so me and sage took off ours. Mom told me to put my shirt back on and i felt bad, i didnt realize it was so bad.
  • Alanis Morissette
  • Jewel
  • Wesley saving up his money to go to modeling school.
  • Mom and wesley were in a touched by the angel episode as extras.
  • Wesley working at McDonald.
  • Danny got to wear Wesley's McDonald shirt - he loved it
  • Wearing Danny's old Knicks shirt like everyday to school
  • 1st grade- wanted to wear Danny's shoes to school. so i did. They were huge on me, but I didn't care. I wore them the next day too.
  • Kylie was mean to me alot
  • Angela was too
  • I would only play with Nikki when Kylie and Angela were mean to me. Nikki loved when they were mean to me.
  • Louise Payne's Halloween/Thanksgiving music tape.
  • Wesley and mom fought alot. I would be scared when Dad had to come in and get after Wesley.
  • Vanessa's Bowl Cut
  • Wesley would touch me every time he walked by me and i hated it
  • Vanessa's TLC shirt had a booger on it once. I never ever touched that shirt or touched her when she would wear it.
  • Me and Danny shared a room in the Springville renting house. I would flick my boogers during the night, since I didnt want to go throw them away. Probably millions of boogers on the floor by my bed.
  • at seven peaks with Angela and Nikki. we were in a tube in the wave pool. Angela kept wanting to go deeper and deeper- I was scared and getting mad. I slapped her hard, and jumped out of the tube and swam to the side, got out, and avoided her the rest of the day.
  • Lindsay on tv during the olympics wearing a hat with one of the olympic animals on it. she was so cute! (was) jk!
  • Dad's dancing is the funniest.
  • Moms dancing is the scariest
  • Nate Barker came over for night games, and held me over our front yard - It was so scary, and I hated him after. I still do.
  • In Provo house cutting the shower curtain. I got into trouble
  • Wesley putting a fruit snack in Danny's hair and it melted when we were on vacation- It wouldn't come out, so we had to cut it out. Or was it danny's in wesley's hair?
  • Wesley and danny went to Pocohontas without me in California
  • Speakers conference in San Antonio Texas
  • I wouldn't go on any rides
  • I would spend all my money on stuffed animals
  • The secret cement slide in front of our house (where the water would go down)
  • Wesley would take a bullet for white sox
  • Wesley never gets full
  • Danny making fun of wesley for both of those things
  • Vanessa's Bowl Cut
  • Lindsay's spandex pants over her diaper - so funny and cute!
  • Vanessa's princess party
  • 7th grade me and brittanie got in a big fight over being sick of eachother- it lasted for a month. Britny D. sided with Britt, and Amanda sided with me.
  • I loved Kevin Child in 2nd grade -Now i dont know.
  • I loved Cash Johnson in 5th grade-Now Has tattoo's and drinks and is a DJ-nasty
  • I loved Cori Jex in 5th grade-Now he has piercings like all over his body
  • I loved Steve Nelson for like 5 years -married to a cute girl
  • Mom and dad taking me to several orchestra concerts since i played the violin. I hated those.
I'm sure there are more, but those are the ones that came to my mind the fastest. Good times. Good childhood. Great parents and siblings. I was a happy girl.

3 comments:

  1. That is hilarious. I didn't know the Dustin Willey stories and it was my fruit snack in Wes's hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a lot of fun memories. Some of them are new to me and I am glad you shared them...most of them. I think Vanessa is adorable in her bowl cut. Love Mom

    ReplyDelete